Skip to main content

About Author


A corporate professional, a wanna-be entrepreneur - in search of her passion, with a desire to unleash and unfold the magic within this Universe to which we credit our beautiful existence. A Spiritualist who is on the path to ‘Self-Realization’, seeking the meaning of True, Pure Love. An Empowered, Independent Woman, wishing to empower her fellow women to help them on their path. An amateur cook who loves dabble in the culinary arts, with a belief that food is the doorway through the stomach to anyone’s heart.

A Fashionishta who once dreamed of walking a Paris Fashion show but now dreams of doing so with traditional artisans and their designs – helping the world rediscover lost art. A passionate traveler and amateur photographer who loves to tread roads less traveled and wishes to reveal secrets of lands lost in time. A lead actress and dancer par excellence in Krsna Lilas (Plays). Join me as I seek the deeper meaning in life through food - for the stomach, for the mind, for the heart, and for the soul. Lover of the Love.


What is Freedom!?!

What is Freedom!
In my life, I have always wanted to be a free bird. However, I did not understand what 'freedom' means until I met my Preceptor, KrsnaGuru.

So, what does freedom mean according to you? I am sure every woman in this world seeks freedom. Let me give you the story of every woman's life, to explain what is freedom all about and how to achieve it.

When I was 22 years old, I believed I was a free person, with all the dreams of meeting a 'Prince Charming,' who will sweep me off my feet, carrying me away to his kingdom. I grew up with this idea since my teenage years. This dream was only a dream in the material world.

Let us assume that I married at the age of 24, I would transition from being a free person to a bonded one. Then, at the age of 32, I decide to divorce and became free again. However, I once again meet (another) Prince Charming at the age of 36 and get married, which means I became bound again! So, the question here is, was I free even at the age of 20!?! The answer is ‘No’.

In another scenario, if I had decided early on in life that I didn't want to get married, then is that decision a freedom or bondage? I am sure you will agree that it is 'Freedom’. But, if there is a desire to get married even at the age of 20 or 22 then isn't it still a bondage!?! Not to get married is still a desire and therefore it is bondage.

Even though I don't have a desire to marry and still get married or not get married, I am still in bondage. So, coming back to the question - What is Freedom? 'Freedom' is when I can give and do everything Unconditionally without having any expectations or wants or desires from anyone in this world. Till the time, I have desires in my life, I can never be free. I will always be in bondage. This bondage is the root-cause of one's miseries in life.

Attainment of this 'Freedom' is most difficult. However, know that whether you are married, single or divorced, freedom will come only when you do or give things Unconditionally and in disinterested spirit, without having any expectations or desires.

The most important lesson to note here is that as a woman, we have too many expectations from our parents, friends, lover, husband, children, boss, etc. A woman's nature is to expect reciprocation for her actions, and hence she is in bondage all the time. She is lost in her mind's space thinking or dwelling on something or the other which someone has failed to do or give.

In short, to attain Freedom you just need to give up expectations even if it is your husband, children, girl/boyfriend, parents, teachers, etc. and just give all that you have and can Unconditionally. I learned this profound knowledge about Freedom and Bondage from my preceptor and decided to share this truth with all the beautiful women/men in this world.

Thanks for reading my article and I hope you join me as I pen the next pearls of wisdom through this journey of getting ‘Zenlighted’.

Image Credit: Pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sex & Sidhhis

Sex & Siddhis - A perspective!!! Disclaimer:  "I the author of the content can assure you that Opinions expressed are those of the mine and are a result of the way in which my highly disorganized mind interprets a particular situation or concept based on the knowledge acquired from my own real-time experiences in life"......   I would like to expressly convey to you (the reader) that were I to accidentally defame, purge, humiliate and or hurt someone's personal  feelings as a result of them reading and or acting upon any or all of the information and or advice found here in my blog, it is entirely unintentional of me to do so....   I would like to discuss a very interesting subject which I have been amazed and amused too. For the first time when I saw from distance, a splashy colorful store with funny looking toys being displayed drawing my attention. I walked closer to get a glimpse, inquisitive to know what the store is all about!  As I went near I started bl

Mythical Mystics - One of my Eureka Moment!!!

Mythical Mystics Krsna at Brindavan ISKCON temple “I Know of no Reality other than You, my ‘Beloved’, your face splendid like a full moon, your lips are red as the berry, your eyes are as lustrous like the lotus petals, you are Lover of the Lovers, Paragon of Masculine beauty, Ocean of Supreme Bliss and Pure Love, I offer my humble obeisance at Thy Lotus feet – ‘Lord of this Universe’ Moon over Nidhivan on the night of Sharad Poornima Let me Unravel to you the ‘Mythsitical’ and my most ‘Exotic Ecstatic' moments in the ‘Tulsi (Basil) Forest’ referred to ‘Vrindavan’ with my ‘Beloved’ – the ‘Supreme Person’ – ‘Lord Krsna’ means Black, Beautiful, Unknown, Secretive, whose nature is Impossible to be Known. For the last 31years of this human life I had been searching for Him not realizing that the one whom I am after cannot be found in any ‘Human Beings’. And this search ended 4 years back on this most significant day called ‘Janmashtami. He came into my life in

Nepal - Land of Heaven: Bhaktapur Durbar Square

Bhaktapur Durbar Square " Bhaktapur Durbar Square" the city is also known the city of museum for medieval art and architecture with many examples of sculpture, woodcarving and colossal pagoda temples consecrated to different gods and goddesses. It is a conglomeration of pagoda and shikhara-style temples grouped around a fifty-five window palace of brick and wood.   The square is one of the most charming architectural showpieces of the Valley as it highlights the ancient arts of Nepal. This is evident from the golden effigies of kings perched on the top of stone monoliths. The guardian deities looking out from their sanctuaries, the wood carvings in every place-struts, lintels, uprights, tympanums, gateways and windows-all seem to form a well orchestrated symphony. Pottery and weaving are its major traditional industries. The most important thing to take notice here is that most of these such wondrous and beautiful temples are being converted into a schoo