Skip to main content

About Author


A corporate professional, a wanna-be entrepreneur - in search of her passion, with a desire to unleash and unfold the magic within this Universe to which we credit our beautiful existence. A Spiritualist who is on the path to ‘Self-Realization’, seeking the meaning of True, Pure Love. An Empowered, Independent Woman, wishing to empower her fellow women to help them on their path. An amateur cook who loves dabble in the culinary arts, with a belief that food is the doorway through the stomach to anyone’s heart.

A Fashionishta who once dreamed of walking a Paris Fashion show but now dreams of doing so with traditional artisans and their designs – helping the world rediscover lost art. A passionate traveler and amateur photographer who loves to tread roads less traveled and wishes to reveal secrets of lands lost in time. A lead actress and dancer par excellence in Krsna Lilas (Plays). Join me as I seek the deeper meaning in life through food - for the stomach, for the mind, for the heart, and for the soul. Lover of the Love.


Giving Back On Thanksgiving

Giving Back On Thanksgiving
Jessie Ong, 69yrs
This morning as I was rushing to work I could not see a single available taxi on the street. I was getting incredibly late for an important meeting and just praying to get a taxi. I waved to a cab which I thought would not stop since it was on the lane furthest from me but with a stroke of luck, the taxi driver (albeit breaking all the laws of traffic) swerved from the extreme right lane to pick me up from the extreme left where I stood. It freaked me out a little but as I was running late I jumped into the cab and wondered to myself who had performed their kind deed of the day towards me. I saw a beautiful old lady in the driver’s seat with a million dollar smile and thought, “No wonder” and thanked her from within. Her face was so radiant that I could just feel her to be full of love and compassion. 

Jessie Ong, 52yrs
As she drove me to my meeting we got talking and she cheerfully spoke about herself. Jessie is a 69 year old widow who has 3 children (two daughters and one son) and has 3 grandchildren. She lost her English husband and took to being the ‘Chief Householder’. Two of her kids are now married and settled with one daughter living with her. Like every ageing woman Jessie was saying that she also kept worrying about who will take care of her and what will happen to her in the future, etc. I could empathize with everything she said as my Mother, now in her 60s as well, is in this same boat. She said this worry used to eat her up and one fine day at the ripe age of 52 she decided to take up a full-time job as a taxi driver to rid herself of her worry. Her job kept her busy and she did not have time to think about all the other things that used to plague her mind. With everything she said, I could hear my Master’s teachings come back to me.

After 10 + years of driving, Jessie now does part-time driving. She no longer does this because she does not have money but so that she can keep herself active and feel like she’s doing something with her life. She drives 3 hours every morning and the rest of her time is spent volunteering at an old age home. When I told her about my Mother, she said that elderly people only need someone to talk to them and show them love. She then proudly declared that her daughter is married to an Indian and she even pronounced her Son in Law’s name perfectly and complimented me at being multi-cultured.
Jessie has a real spark and is so full of life that it is almost impossible to tell that she is almost in her seventies. Jessie is the first woman driver who I have met of her age. She shied away from letting me take her picture as she said she is not good looking. I find that some of the most beautiful people in the world have this to say about themselves so I told her she is most beautiful woman I have met as beauty is not what we see outside but what shines from within. Reluctantly she posed for me and exchanged her number with me.
Jessie Ong 69yrs
Jessie is not educated but yet is so knowledgeable. She asked me what my profession is and I explained that I work in Sales. She then asked me what I sell. “I sell technology”, I said. “Explain”, she said. I then put in the simplest way possible that I sell technology for people her age who unlike her cannot go to the hospitals or clinics. I explained how Industry and Technology companies like us are inventing easier ways to do their health monitoring and share the reports to the doctor without people physically having to go. If there is anything unusual going on in their bodies the symptoms will be picked up by the device and report to the hospitals before anything can happen. 
She got so excited with what I had to say that she told me she was proud of what I did and that I should continue to do these kind of things. As I reached my destination we bid adieu and promised to connect back soon. Jessie left me speechless today and made me very Thankful for my life, for the things I have and for people like her in this world - a real Thanksgiving. Today I learnt of someone who has Risen Out and broken the glass ceiling in her own way - An Empowered Woman who is dedicating her life to the service of people.
Jesus used to say that we should give to those who cannot repay us back. Today let us remember this and give thanks for what we have received and share it with other generously.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sex & Sidhhis

Sex & Siddhis - A perspective!!! Disclaimer:  "I the author of the content can assure you that Opinions expressed are those of the mine and are a result of the way in which my highly disorganized mind interprets a particular situation or concept based on the knowledge acquired from my own real-time experiences in life"......   I would like to expressly convey to you (the reader) that were I to accidentally defame, purge, humiliate and or hurt someone's personal  feelings as a result of them reading and or acting upon any or all of the information and or advice found here in my blog, it is entirely unintentional of me to do so....   I would like to discuss a very interesting subject which I have been amazed and amused too. For the first time when I saw from distance, a splashy colorful store with funny looking toys being displayed drawing my attention. I walked closer to get a glimpse, inquisitive to know what the store is all about!  As I went near I started bl

Mythical Mystics - One of my Eureka Moment!!!

Mythical Mystics Krsna at Brindavan ISKCON temple “I Know of no Reality other than You, my ‘Beloved’, your face splendid like a full moon, your lips are red as the berry, your eyes are as lustrous like the lotus petals, you are Lover of the Lovers, Paragon of Masculine beauty, Ocean of Supreme Bliss and Pure Love, I offer my humble obeisance at Thy Lotus feet – ‘Lord of this Universe’ Moon over Nidhivan on the night of Sharad Poornima Let me Unravel to you the ‘Mythsitical’ and my most ‘Exotic Ecstatic' moments in the ‘Tulsi (Basil) Forest’ referred to ‘Vrindavan’ with my ‘Beloved’ – the ‘Supreme Person’ – ‘Lord Krsna’ means Black, Beautiful, Unknown, Secretive, whose nature is Impossible to be Known. For the last 31years of this human life I had been searching for Him not realizing that the one whom I am after cannot be found in any ‘Human Beings’. And this search ended 4 years back on this most significant day called ‘Janmashtami. He came into my life in

Nepal - Land of Heaven: Bhaktapur Durbar Square

Bhaktapur Durbar Square " Bhaktapur Durbar Square" the city is also known the city of museum for medieval art and architecture with many examples of sculpture, woodcarving and colossal pagoda temples consecrated to different gods and goddesses. It is a conglomeration of pagoda and shikhara-style temples grouped around a fifty-five window palace of brick and wood.   The square is one of the most charming architectural showpieces of the Valley as it highlights the ancient arts of Nepal. This is evident from the golden effigies of kings perched on the top of stone monoliths. The guardian deities looking out from their sanctuaries, the wood carvings in every place-struts, lintels, uprights, tympanums, gateways and windows-all seem to form a well orchestrated symphony. Pottery and weaving are its major traditional industries. The most important thing to take notice here is that most of these such wondrous and beautiful temples are being converted into a schoo